About CDR Platform
Glasswall’s CDR Platform is built upon powerful cloud-native architecture using scalable Kubernetes. Our CDR technology removes potential threats from unknown files in less than a second, without compromising the file’s contents.
Traditional antivirus solutions don't provide complete protection because newer threats still evade detection. Sandboxes are often better at addressing malware compared to antivirus solutions, but this often affects user experience by interrupting productivity.
Glasswall can enable organizations to deploy our solution into their own environments. The Glasswall API endpoints are provided as standard, to ensure that integration is as friction-less as possible.
What is CDR?
CDR stands for Content Disarm & Reconstruction.
Glasswall’s CDR technology works by:
- Inspecting a file’s digital DNA
- Cleaning risky content according to a set policy
- Rebuilding to ‘known good’ standard
- Delivering a safe & visually identical file
Compared to traditional sandboxing and antivirus solutions which fail to detect zero-day threats, our CDR technology provides an on average 18-day protection advantage.
- Content management policy for Microsoft Office and PDF files which can be controlled dynamically via the API.
- Intuitive REST-based API endpoints to help developers devise the most effective integration approach to meet their needs. For more details about out API please see our API Docs
- Kubernetes-based architecture which can be deployed via a managed Kubernetes service such as AKS.
- Terraform deployment scripts and helm charts to support a managed Kubernetes service
- Always-on service via a range of deployment options to provide organizations with ability to establish resilient patterns, spanning multiple availability zones and regions around the world
- Cloud APIs are compliance with the OpenAPI v3.x specifications, allowing development teams to rapidly create client software integrations using codegen tools
- Deep file inspection, beyond artefacts such as the so-called magic number, to accurately report what file data suggests about the true file type
- Over 85+ supported file formats and counting
Our CDR Platform is built using scalable Kubernetes (k8s). This is a technology that automates deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. Containers within an application are grouped into logical units for easy management, and Kubernetes provides a way to schedule and deploy those containers. It also scales them to your desired state and manages their life cycle.
Find out more about Kubernetes.